Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What's this?

Chris texted me today!

We work together so when he showed up to work we made eye contact and neither of us smiled. I'm sure we both looked exasperated.

We had a briefing in the morning and he texted me during it complaining about one of our coworkers

He asked me to take the bus home with him

I said no.

I would have loved to. So much. I'm still very much in love with him but I didn't think he wanted to talk about anything productive. I don't want to be his friend. He didn't bother giving me an answer since I told him I thought we should get back together. Coward. Maybe I should refer to him as Cowardly Chris. Haha, it sort of reminds me of the wizard of Oz.

The bus ride could have been:

  • Small talk - we aren't and will not be friends.
  • get back together - that's unreasonable and overly hopeful. Plus he needs to show me he wants to be together, not just tell me
  • be friends- don't want to
  • let's not get back together - uhm, I already assume this is his answer, considering actions speak louder than words soooo no point going through this conversation.
I think I'm doing this because I don't want to hurt myself but I can't help but wonder if telling him no was a bit childish. Or maybe it was the grown up thing to do.

The secret grown ups don't tell you is that there never really is any grown up thing to do, is there?


I love this song! What's it going to be boy?

No comments: