Monday, December 10, 2012

Alone

I guess to some extent you get used to being alone. You get used to not expecting phone calls and having nothing to do at night. You don't expect to turn around to open arms any longer. The small sounds of him have been replaced by silence. Your thoughts echo through your head, with no one to share them with. All in all, being alone isn't terrible, it just is.

I read that two years ago and saved it on a sticky note on my desktop. It's funny how I felt so connected to that writer and his/her feelings. I feel the same way now, again. It's hard being alone.



So here is my cheer me up list:

  • Pretty Woman (any Richard Gere is golden, actually)
  • Snuggles from the cat
  • My awesome, respectful, and reliable bosses at work
  • My friends
  • Watching snow fall through the window
  • Hot tea at night
  • Music therapy (basically blasting music and singing at the top of my lungs... more like screeching)
  • Chocolate
  • Working out/running. Makes it feel like I am literally getting away from my problems and nightmares
  • Writing! I actually have something I call my break up journal. It's a beautiful notebook I bought at Indigo which has a lot of painful memories and moments inscribed in it. 
  • Making attainable goals and lists (like this one!)
  • Did I mention chocolate?
  • Changing my appearance (dye hair, exercise, paint nails, haircut, etc)
  • Getting out of the house.
I guarantee that doing a combination of the things listed above will make you feel better! Snuggle your pet! Cry and sing really loudly! Go out and watch a movie with a friend. GO, stop reading this and GO.

No comments: