Friday, November 21, 2008

True Love

For the past 17 months 9 days, I thought that someone trully loved me. Michael might read this but, well, what he said really hurt me. And he already knows it.
Yesterday at his house, we ended up discussing a strange topic.

Me: I bet if I got into a horrible accident you wouldn't love me anymore. You wouldn't even talk to me! (I said this as a joke)

"It depends"

Wow. That was an answer I wasnt expecting.

Me: On what?

"On how you look. I saw this girl with her-"

It shouldn't depend.

Whatever. That really upset me. In my opinion, a person can tell another person they "love" them if they are not ready to commit. To commit in a serious "for better or for worse" manner. Otherwise you don't love them. You just like them. You can only love someone when you are willing to die for that person; to suffer for them.

He then asked me the same question. I replied that I could never leave him. Well, I guess I wouldn't have a choice if I got hit by a car. Haha.

In Religion class, we were discussing love and arranged marriage. Sometimes it seems like arranged marriage is horrible, but in times like these it appears to be sensible. I mean, how many people who "trully love each other", get married, have kids, and then get divored. In an arranged marriage, you have less of a chance of remaining single for all your life and you would only divorce in extreme circumstances, which would therefore allow the person to learn to love their spouse.

I know what I feel for Michael. It fits under my definition of love. The one that consists of ultimate sacrifice and unconditional love. He sais he loves me. I don't think he knows what love is. But then again, I'm only sixteen so what do I know?

No comments: