Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trip & Grade 8 Open House.

Today we went to the Reference library to research the English ISU novels of our choice. After reading them, we had to look for secondary sources to cite in out final essay. It was a very unproductive day. The novels for my ISU are "The Diviners", by Margaret Laurence, and "The Handmaid's Tale", written by Margaret Atwood. I shall return tomorrow to further research my books.

After that, I quickly returned to the school with two of my friends. One went of to volleyball practise while the other went to practise the fashion show (read below).
I ran the video me and two of my closest friends had made over the summer. It is a 20 minute presentation on our school's clubs and sports. After that, I helped the volunteers set up posters and such. Blah.
I escaped the teacher's watch for a quick run to Tim Hortons with Michael. Who was late in meeting me. Oh well, I shall forgive him.
Anyways, I later returned to the school to run the video again. The parents of grade wight students were slowly arriving. They were looking for the best school for their daughters and, of course, they had found it. The evening ran smoothly. There was my video promoting Camp Olympia and the grade nine retreat/orientation; which was UNEXPECTEDLY CHANGED by one of my teachers. Ughhh. All those hours for that. There was also a fashion show which consisted of people modeling the school's uniform. It was well presented and entretaining. We toured the parents around and I received a grim surpise.

One of my teachers was crying. She is the sweetest lady on Earth and I don't know what could have upset her so greatly that she locked herself up in a room.

Anyways, the rest of the evening was pretty great. Just that one memory sticks out in my mind.

No comments: