Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spuntini

I have decided to post my brithday thing with Matt in two parts.
This is the first one
and the second part is called "Hotel Room Service"
Like the song :) yes. Pitbull. Kay good.

So this is about last Friday ... when Matt took me out for my seventeen birthday. Yay!

I bought him this huge cookie... and made him a thank you booklet kinda thing.. so he has an idea of how much I appreciate everything he does.

Let's get the the juicy stuff... ;)

So he picked me up in a taxi.. all dressed up and looking deadly as always... so I handed him the box the cookied was in with the booklet taped to the front and got into the taxi... my brother was tapping at the window nearest to me and I waved him off and then we left.... while we were driving... Matt turns over and hands me a bunch of flowers.

This, being the first time I ever receive flowers, was a very nice surprise to begin the evening with. Anyways, so we drove to the hotel (rawr) and checked in. We went into the room.. and it was dark...

I don't know. I always find things so symbolic... it was like... "hm, this is what coming home would be like"... and well it kinda felt weird for a while... not awkward but... I don't know.. weird... marriage-like?

Anyways so I changed my clothes, we talked for a bit and he opened his surprise. Which I think he liked. Hopefully. Or maybe he lied... men! ;)

Then he noticed that he left his backpack, laptop and change of clothes included, in the trunk of the taxi and called the driver up. The driver said he would deliver it to the hotel the next day.

Afterwards, we walked down the street looking for the restaurant, Spuntini, until we found it and walked up a couple of stairs.

Very impressive restaurant choice, I must say. There were practically no visible walls but, instead, tons and tons of international wine bottles sitting on shelves. And candles. Each table had it's own little candle. Which I thought was nice.

"Reservation for two"

What's your name?

"Matthew Ferreira"

Ohh, come with me.

All the people there were so friendly and so attentive to everything. They lead us to our table, which had a larger candle on it, and took our coats.

Matt sang happy birthday to me :)

We ordered. I ordered this pasta thing ( well duh, Italian restaurant) with shrimp and mushrooms and yup it was delicious.

Then Matt said...
"Hm. Candle-light dinner. I wasn't expecting thiiiiisss...."

Me: Oh?

"I lied, I asked them to get a larger candle and to make the bottom look like it had been there for a while."

Me: you lied...? you lied!

"Modesty dear, modesty"

All the little details he went through... aw, makes me feel so special. So after we finished dinner, he paid and we got up and went to look for our coats... which we couldn't find. So the host suddenly showed up and saw Matt going through other people's jackets.

Then he called the police and had Matt arrested for theft.... no thank God. :)

Instead he went to get our jackets and we left to the hotel.... but not before I took a piece of candle wax avec moi!

No comments: