Friday, January 30, 2009

Driving

A couple of months ago, Michael and one of my friends were speeding and crashing in this virtual car game at the mall. I mean, their car was flipping over and bumping into the side of the road...not good. I swore I would not get in a car with either of them.

TODAY, on the other hand, I went with Michael to go get his G1. The first step towards a driver's licence. What a longggg wait. FIRST OF ALL, I didn't know where we were going, so I felt lost all the way there. Also, when we got there, we had no place where to go or what to do, until finally we were told to sit down and wait to be called up.

... *waiting*....*more waiting*....K42 please come up (yes!!). Michael had to answer some questions, take a picture ( I did NOT almost make you laugh, loser :P), and do a visual exam. Nice.... Go to room 3 to take your test.

We walked over to room 3 and I waited outside. I sat beside this middle aged Asian woman and just as I was going to put my headphones on...

"Hi, do you know how long this usually takes?"

No... It's my first time here, are you waiting for your son, or your daughter?

"My husband. I'm from China."

Oh...Ok...

"Whr you for?"

Sorry?

"Where are you from?"

Oh, I'm from Mexico

"Is that your friend from Mexico?"

who? Oh my boyfriend? No..

Needless to say, this was not as entertaining as I hoped it would be. Michael took half an hour to write the test. He passed onn his first try. Congratulations, now it's your turn to wait for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playing a virtual game at the mall is totally different from driving in real life. This post was quite interesting with regards to the Asian lady, we are living in the world's largest multicultural city so its nothing new. Cheers to your boyfriend on his G1

Rio said...

LOL agreed, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, I love T.O.
:D