Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nick & Norah's infinite playlist

is the best book ever. It is so sweet and so true and so real and so alive.
Unlike the fetal pig we had to disect in biology class today. Not alive, but quite real.

But it's okay. Becasue it was dead. Ripped untimely from his slaughtered mother's womb. Sold into a science lab so they could dip the pig in perservatives. Then sold again to our school so we can tear it apart and analyze its very core. How disturbing... we named our pig Babe (that is a sweet-ass movie by the way).

UPDATE: On December 12 (year and a half with Michael), we had to finish disecting the pig. We took out his stomach and cut it up. His kidneys and small intestine were taken out too. Did I mention that we had to do this without gloves? Yes, the teacher told us a little too late that we should have kept yesterdays gloves. Needless to say, I let my lab partners take over. Well anyways, it took about 15 minutes to uncoil the small intestine so during class, my lab group didn't finish our disection. We also has confession to attend so that limited our time. We decided to meet after school to take out the heart and the brain. When the last bell rang, we all practically ran to the biology room to find that our pig, our beloved Babe, was gone. BABE WAS THROWN IN THE GARBAGE. If only we had not gone to confession, Babe would be safe. But it's all good. I'm practically free of sin. Right?

Wrong.

2 comments:

Haddie said...

LMAO,
I love this post.
Nice reference to Macbeth - "untimely ripped" :)

What a nerd,
I kid [slightly]

and,
you know what you should have called your pig - Haddie.

Cause, I'm just .. that good!

Rio said...

yes yes Haddie
Macbeth is stuck in my head
haha
yes it should have been called Haddie