Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Abduction

A girl in my school went missing this morning. A little grade nine girl. Her cousin was handing out MISSING posters with her face plastered all over it.

The news were around the school in about 5 minutes. "Gossip Gossip, I heard she ran away, maybe she got kidnapped, her poor family, gossip gossip, oh my God, I can't believe this happened to a girl in our school, well we all know she's a trouble maker, gossip".

The girls reputation was torn down in about...oh.. the same amount it took for the news to spread.

We were all stunned and worried for her. Even afraid. Her close friends were crying in class and councelling was offered. Her boyfriends and bestfriends house were searched. No one knew were she was.

When, what do you know, the missing child walks into school! A miracle, people said...until we learned the reason she has dissapeared the day before. She had spent the night at her boyfriends house doing God knows what and fell asleep. The next morning she saw her picture on the news and decided to go to school to see what was happening. The first thing she said when she walked in and saw her face on the posters all over the school was "oh, ew, this is the picture you guys chose?"

Shameless. That poor mother.

She had been with her boyfriend, wow. If I pulled something like that, I wouldn't live to tell the tale or if I did, I would have a mysterious new limp.

No comments: