Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Choc. Meringue Cookies

So Christmas is coming up...

In exactly nine days.

I don't know if I am so excited anymore. Soo much stress I have to deal with. Firstly, there my famill. Always a problem with that bunch. If i do something, it's because I did it. And if I don't do something, it's because I didn't do it. Does that make sense? It does to me.

Made some cookies for a staff cookie exchange we had at work.

CHOCOLATE MERINGUE COOKIES:

You need:
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/8 tablespoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C)

2- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar. Beat until mixture forms hard peaks and becomes glossy. Fold in cocoa and choc. chips.

3- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins.

UPDATE: Attempted to make these cookies for Matt's parents. Succeeded but the cookies then became soggyish due to exposure to air. Fuck you air, fuck you.

No comments: