Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter City Festival

Yay. The Winter Festival downtown is sure to lift my mood.

About a month ago, my school hosted an event called the Wellness Day. "For the mind, body, and soul." Well, it was a great event blah blah blah. Anyways the point it that through that event I met this man who offered me job/volunteering opportunities so I gave him my email. Soon enough he did a mass emailing to the people from my school who had signed up.

Who wants to volunteer from 4:45 to 10 pm on a Saturday night?

Moi!

"But you can't go home that late from there :"

Why not?

"Because of all the perverts and like drug people there, it's not safe."

Michael, calm down. I'm a big girl, I can come home alone from there haha, I've done it a couple of times you know...

"Noo... I want to go, ask if I could go with you"

Awww, volunteering for 5 hours in the freezing cold just to walk me home safely?
How could I refuse?

UPDATE: Oh my God. It was amazing. And tiring...really tiring. Aww he was so sweet to go with me. As I assumed, there were many creepy people there but there was also many friendly kind people. Our mission: get a program to each family/couple that walked into the City Hall area. Shows and dancing and concerts and even drinking. Awesomeeeee! Plus I got a sexy Tim Hortons hat (be jealoussss!). Overall, pretty fun. Where do I sign up for next year?

PS: Fireworks tonight at City Hall at 6:pm. Be there on time because it's only a 10 min. show!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That was sweet, and he was right for doing it. You never know...

Rio said...

yaaa, there are some scary people out there