Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday mornings

Saturday mornings at Matt's house:
You make the toast, Matt while make the eggs, Matt's mom makes the hash browns and the coffee, the bacon goes in the microwave, Matt's dad tells us all to jokingly hurry up.

We sit down and eat while Matt's little brother, Miki, eats sausages because he does not like egg. Matt holds my hand, pours my juice. I hand out napkins. Everyone talks and makes jokes.

Saturday mornings at my house:
I try to sleep. Mom wakes up at like 6:30 and starts cleaning the house. Yells because noone else is cleaning at 7:30. Fernando gets up and starts playing loud music on his laptop. I ask them all to quiet down. Noone does, I get no sleep. I am forced to wake up at 8:30. No breakfast is made, mom leaves the house. I ask her for my metropass before she leaves, she sais that I always ask when I need something but never do anything around the house and to clean my room if I want my metropass. Fernando goes to the living room and pours himself some cereal. Is there milk? I don't even remember, he finishes his breakfast and starts watching southpark on the computer. At an obnoxiously loud volume. It is 9:30.

I wonder why my mother asks me why I am never home.

No comments: