Monday, October 20, 2014

Mom?

Oh lord, how the times are changing, Everything is moving, rearranging Things have somehow escalated And are not at all how I had previously anticipated. Great men fall heavily from flight Teared from the sky to the ground Unreachable by light, Instead forced to be more sound. Oh lord the times are changing: Flags are now often desecrated And children are no longer educated On the dangers of disobeying. But although things seem bleak Wisps of hope blow by I find myself complete By my mother's lullaby. And lord, although times are changing The love of her keeps me strong And only now do I realize, That this was true all along. Her song quelled my sorrow And her caress promised me a better tomorrow Only now that she is gone I realize this was true all along. Truly, I miss her here And her gentle whisper in my ear Of tales of knights and valor Memories which I dearly harbor. Yes lord, things are indeed changing And although we had constant strife I often find myself commemorating That wonderful woman's too short life.

No comments: